[78-L] Cany Anyone Identify this Singer

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:31:09 PST 2010

It would.  There's also the acoustic versus electric recording
factor....there was the paradigm shift from the earlier type of voice that
singers in the acoustic recording era had to have to record with any
quality, to those with voices that seemed to need all the help they could
get from mikes.  But would someone like Arthur Fields or Irving Kaufman
represent  someone 'in between', in that they were successful recording both
acoustic and electric sides?  It would be instructive to explore whether
they sang the same for either type of system, or if they changed anything,
how and in what ways.