[78-L] 15, 000 opera 78s for $12K: 2 competing dealers - Frederick Md vs L Ho ldridge

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Feb 7 18:23:03 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Huge collections generally provoke one of two reactions.."When are you
> going to
> get rid of them?" or "You've got a fortune there." Yeah, right.

Mine tends to draw "Wotinell ARE you going to do with them...?! I am not
absolutely sure if I will live long enough to PLAY the dommed things...or
about 5700 hours (142.5 40-hour days)

In fact, UCSB has already asked to become my "legatee...being 68.4 years
old, I have no real idea how much longer I shall last (or whether I would
live long enough to play the dommed records

> We're looking at houses at the moment. Not our original plan, but three
> realtors suggested putting our house on the market, and it sold within two
> days
> and caused a bidding war. And there's lots of affordable places just about
> 15
> minutes east of here..the main problem is finding equivalent space OR
> putting a
> lot of stuff in storage till this deal closes and we're rolling in dough.
> Either way, we're looking at grief and misery over the next couple of
> months.
> Everybody who's helped pack and shlep during previous moves is now unable
> lift, crippled, dead etc.

For DL!
As usual, there are a NUMBER of fairly-large houses being sold here in
Oshawa.
for prices ranging from $99,000 to below $199,000! I know what you probably
need...a large-ish vintage house (they are better built, and can hold more
records
without sagging.../!) with, one guesses, a detached garage (MORE
storage!)...?!

...stevenc