[78-L] Slightly OT: Did Decca/London get into the fake stereo business

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 5 21:40:47 PST 2010

Entirely likely that it's stereo, as are a lot of London STS issues like
L'Enfant et Les Sortileges which was mono on full price London LL----.

But London was very definitely in the fake stereo business on the Eclipse
label. Those are ghastly, but at least they identify themselves as
"electronically reprocessed". STS stood for Stereo Treasury Series so those
shouldn't have been faked, even if they were from pretty hissy stereo tapes.
And a CS number wouldn't have been a fake stereo.

dl