[78-L] 1948 French Decca label 78 - Edith Piaf

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Feb 2 19:30:49 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>
> The Compo 240000 series is Frencher than the French.
> French Deccas state "The Supreme Record" or nothing.
> Did Compo also have the small pictures on some labels?
> I have never seen such issues.

None that I have ever seen; all of mine have a gold-on-dark-blue (usual
Compo
colours) with a label design that looks like a monochrome version of the
French
Decca already posted.

> Interesting (odd?) that Canadian Decca also issued records by the
> Belgian Fud Candrix swing band.
What was the issue number...and is this the usual Compo version of the US
Decca label?

> Also Hazel Scott in Paris 20 Nov 1951 (of which the orig issues in the
> French
> De MF series have pictures), while she had not recorded in the US for 4
> years.

Again...which label and what number?

> Han Enderman

Steven C. Barr