[78-L] Bell Novelty / Radio Record labels

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Tue Feb 2 08:58:30 PST 2010

..And your big blue Columbia of the Four Prominent Bastards, too.
 I've been meaning to ask about a questionable entry in Bell's wankerpedia article supposedly taken from a spoken intro to one of his albums:
His first record, "The Alimony Blues" (backed with "Fast Asleep on a Mountain"), for Plaza Records on December 16, 1929[2] was a comical song about preferring to spend time in jail rather than pay alimony.
It doesn't appear in any real listing to which I have access.
DJD

Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com