[78-L] Goodman, Henderson, and Lippman (was: Artie Shaw)

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 09:03:33 PST 2010

I have the following WEAF broadcast "Let's Dance" program line checks on a
private CD.
I do not remember the source.
They are from Jan. 5 through May 25, 1935
I 'm guessing that none of these selections have any connection with the
three discs from (Dec. 1934?)discussed in this post.
But one never knows....they're not dated on my disc.
Please forgive the lack of "  " marks on these titles.
and......I wonder if any Cugats or Murray Kellners (Kel Murray) exist.

Let's Dance"-Theme  1/5/35
Honeysuckle Rose 1/5/35
Blue Skies
Hunkadola
Pardon My Love (v) Helen Ward
Come (?????????)
Stardust
I Got Rhythm
She's A Latin From Manhattan (v) Helen Ward
Japanese Sandman
When My Baby Smiles At Me (v) Toots Mndello
Living In A Great Big Way (v)Helen Ward
Farewell Blues (with station ID "WEAF, New York")
If The Moon Turns Green (v) Barry McKinley  3/2/35
I Know That You Know
I Surrender Dear
Right About Face (v)Helen Ward
Walk Jenny Walk
Every Little Moment (v)Helen Ward
I Was Lucky (v)Helen Ward  2/23/35
Sweet Georgia Brown
Down South Camp Meeting (This chart was eventually given to Glenn Miller who
also recorded it.)
Dixieland Band (v)Helen Ward
Bugle Call Rag (Station I.D. "WEAF New York)

Al Simmons