[78-L] More on Shaw

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Jan 24 20:24:22 PST 2010

Hi,

This is the first I've heard about any secretarial or other illegit Goodman
autographs...in my years in the rare book trade, I've handled many,
including ones I bought from Russ Connor,  and have never found one which
was no good.

Goodman's handwriting throughout the years was very distinctive...I don't
think that one would need an "in person" signature to assume that it's
good...just a reputable book or autograph dealer who knows the subject
matter.

I have also handled books from Shaw's library and am very familiar with his
handwriting,  if anyone needs some info on something they might have.

Taylor