[78-L] More on Shaw

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Sun Jan 24 20:20:09 PST 2010

I wanted to get a Shaw autograph because I have one on the inside front
cover of his Bluebird 78 album and I wanted to see how they might
compare. I have just checked out an autographed photo of Shaw on e-bay
and both autographs look like they were done by the same hand.
Concerning Benny Goodman autographs, I have been told that various
people would sign “Goodman” autographs for mail-in requests. This
included his secretary and Russ Connor. To make sure a Goodman
autograph is authentic you would have had to have gotten it directly
from him.
Geoffrey Wheeler