[78-L] Copyright Criminals on PBS - George Clinton/Clyde Stubblefield

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jan 23 10:56:13 PST 2010

A link from the BBC article about the John Cage copyright case reminded
me who was the musician who lost his copyrights to a company run by a
lawyer who will not license his works for samples but only sues those
who use samples of his recordings  -- George Clinton.  The 2002 article
mentioning the loss of his copyrights is here, but the lawyer running
that company -- the guy who slammed the phone down saying "NO!" even
before he was asked to license a sample -- is not Johnnie Cochran.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com