[78-L] Popular Gennett Recording Artists

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 23 10:58:53 PST 2010

 "Although if Murray got on the Gennett Walk of Fame, I think Henry Burr should deserve a spot too -- go ahead, laugh, moan, complain, throw chairs, but he has excellent credentials, and there's plenty of proof for me to support this claim."

You're absolutely right and I hope that can eventually happen. Our "foot in the door," however, will have to be our campaign for Billy Murray.

I see by a 1919 reprint of "Talking Machine World" that Henry Burr, the Criterion Quartet, Golden & Hughes, and the Green Brothers' Xylophone Orchestra had Gennetts released in July of that year. So did Sybil Sanderson Fagan and that's certainly something to whistle about (sorry, couldn't resist)..

BTW I was at the Homer Rhodeheaver plaque unveiling so he's definitely in the Gennett Walk Of Fame. Am fairly certain I saw a Red Nichols plaque too....

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org

udmacon1 at hotmail.com  Since 1973!
PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
Benefit Sunday, Jan 24th for "Polka Happiness Mary Ann" of www.polkasonline.com Syracuse NY Polish Home, Park st. 2 to 6 PM with Buffalo's "Stephanie, America's Polka Sweetheart!" Can't wait!!!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me