[78-L] Copyright Criminals on PBS

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Jan 22 13:52:10 PST 2010

Dickie Goodman did get taken to court for copyright infringement, but the court ruled that "The Flying Saucer" and other records were parodies or burlesques and constituted original works. Eventually, the case was settled out of court. Whether it was out of guilt over what he did or for whatever reason, Goodman shot himself to death in 1989.

Cary Ginell