[78-L] Let's batter the little bitty bidder!

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jan 18 18:57:11 PST 2010

 snipe at $3.01.  C'mon folks, this can sometimes be FUN!  When people
 put in early bids, it reveals their technique.  When you snipe, they
 don't know you are there.

 Mike (aren't we devils) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Mike  brings up something else which baffles me.  If I look at an auction
and see that a bidder has raised his or her bids several times,  and that
the bids go like this:  $11,  $21,  $31,  $41...and that the bidder now has
the high bid at $48.22...gee,  I don't need to use my degree in Rocket
Science (obtained via mail order)  to figure out that his high bid must
be....$51.

(Some are even worse...they'll bid $5, $10, $15,  $20...I'd love to play
poker with people like that,  as I'm sure they would  happily show me the
cards they're holding.)

And,  yes,  as Mike says...it is sort of fun to go ahead and bid $51.01 and
take the thing home...assuming you want it,  that is.  That's the "Truth AND
Consequences" in a nut shell!

No one could ever figure out my bidding system because I can't figure it out
myself.

Taylor