[78-L] Acoustic/electrical recordings on same disc

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jan 9 19:17:10 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <L78rpm at aol.com>
> In a message dated 1/7/10 10:22:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> stevenc at interlinks.net writes:

But, oddly enough, NOT if the new (electric) recordings were made by
different
artists! This was fairly common, since the recordings were often "remakes"
of
recordings cut around the "turn of the century"...so that the original
artists had
often left the music business...?! As far as Victor was concerned, a new
recording of a "standard" cut by house vocalists...even when different
"house
vocalists were needed...still carried the original matrix number!

Steven C. Barr