[78-L] Acoustic/electrical recordings on same disc

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 7 21:37:20 PST 2010

L78rpm at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 1/7/10 10:22:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> stevenc at interlinks.net writes:

It happened if the same performers recorded the same music in a different
configuration. One probable example (don't have the info here to check) is
Rachmaninoff playing his 2nd Concerto with Stokowski and the Philadelphia
Orchestra..9 acoustical sides (one of them a ten-incher), 10 electrical sides.
I think some other Stokowski remakes required more sides and thus would have
had new numbers.