[78-L] Silent Night

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Jan 7 22:40:28 PST 2010

I just had a look on Tyrone's site, and found the source of the earlier
question:  19823 has the same selections as 17164, with 'Hark the
herald.....' shown as matrix BVE.11120-4 and a recording date of 16 October
1925 (recorded 14 years to the day after the acoustic recording) whilst
'Silent night' is shown with the same matrix number and recording date
(11791-1, 26 March 1912) as for 17164.

So the Elsie Baker side of 19823 is acoustic??

db

P.S.  Has anyone noticed that on one, if not two, of the usually worded versions by Bing Crosby, he sings the last line as "Sleeps in heavenly peace." rather than the more common "Sleep in heavenly peace."?  I was surprised to hear that but when you think about it, it makes more sense.