[78-L] An AMAZING Jzz DVD by a guy you (probably) never heard of

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:19:28 PST 2010

Yes, Svend is indeed a legend in the jazz violin world, someone who is
discovered and rediscovered when the subject of strings in jazz comes up.
Ellington produced an album with Svend that was on CD (it may still be) when
he was a roving jazz producer for Reprise. The sessions were originally
issued on Atlantic; I believe it was called "Jazz Violin Summit." I have to
look for it now.

Now I have TWO DVDs I have to buy that feature jazz violin, this one and the
Grappelly DVD, which is also wonderful.

Jeff Sultanof