[78-L] Tenor Sax Styles.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 15:31:48 PST 2010

Taylor Bowie wrote:

> I also like Chu Berry's ballad style...his sides on Commodore with Roy
> Eldridge and others show both his jazzy and his pretty side to great effect.
> I enjoy comparing Berry's Body and Soul with the more famous Hawkins
> version.  I like 'em both.

> Taylor
John Hardee played a bit in the Chu Berry style, but was rather
superficial, usually skimming over the chords, rather than digging in,
sharing that fault with Flip Phillips.

Regarding Hawk's Body And Soul, I can't recall the last time I played
the three session mate titles.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4755 (20100108) __________

http://www.eset.com