[78-L] Tenor Sax Styles.

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 06:27:11 PST 2010

Julian
  Early 1950's Hawkins is listless because of the recording companies were trying to make a hit out of his tome (Decca, Roost, Parrot) a la Stan Getz or Tab Smith - he sounds like the man we know on the Spotlite LP "Disorder At The Border" w Roy Eldridge, Howard McGhee, Horace Silver, Art Blakey etc ...