[78-L] Tenor Sax Styles.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 06:38:33 PST 2010

yves francois wrote:
Julian
   Early 1950's Hawkins is listless because of the recording companies
were trying to make a hit out of his tome (Decca, Roost, Parrot) a la
Stan Getz or Tab Smith - he sounds like the man we know on the Spotlite
LP "Disorder At The Border" w Roy Eldridge, Howard McGhee, Horace
Silver, Art Blakey etc ...
Yves,
I agree about Hawk "being used" by the record companies. I believe the
Spotlite LP is one I didn't keep. I suspect Hawk was using too much of
his "and-one-two-and..." phrasing to appeal to me.

        Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4754 (20100108) __________

http://www.eset.com