[78-L] Turning the tables

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jan 5 00:07:55 PST 2010

I was about to mention the stabilizer brush on your V15 cartridge
because stopping vertical oscillations is exactly what it really is
there for, not cleaning records.  That was a major problem with the I
and II,  and I remember when they added it, I think to the III. The
bouncing is seen on other long cantilever cartridges, and is more of a
problem, ironically, when the arm resonance is brought down to the very
very low frequency range, but also when too good a cartridge is put in
an ordinary arm.  When the I and II were introduced, not too many people
had the really good arms these are designed for.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com