[78-L] Question about insurance

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 15:16:31 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> Most sellers have willingly said "It must be lost, here's your money" when
> something doesn't arrive. DerWilly was a total putz about this matter and I
> believe he's no longer selling.
>
> Sometimes it's the Post Office's fault..as I may have mentioned here, I shipped
> an album (triple boxed!) from Lewiston to Texas back in October, by Media Mail,
> and it didn't arrive until mid December! Safe and sound.
>
> The shipment on which I claimed (and got) insurance was for about 180 discs,
> not 60..a whole load of near mint V-Discs from someone who'd had them stowed
> away since taking possession of them during the war. He did NOT pack them
> carefully..he put too many records in too few boxes. All the vinyls were fine
> but all the Columbia pressings were cracked or broken. Luckily, the claim was
> allowed. I'd still rather have had the discs.
>
> dl
=============
My experience didn't involve Eplay, but a highly regarded dealer. I bid
and won some items early in 2007 which didn't arrive after a couple of
months. I contacted the dealer who said he would investigate, but his
efforts got nowhere. As the records weren't insured I left it at that.

About July, I received a knock on the door from the next door neighbour.
She was holding a parcel, which she had taken in months before about the
time she lost a baby in childbirth. In their grief the parcel was put
aside and forgotten for several months, until they were having a sort
out, and came across it.

The good news is that a year later she gave birth to premature, but
otherwise healthy twin daughters.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4740 (20100103) __________

http://www.eset.com