[78-L] Question about insurance

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 3 12:32:00 PST 2010

Most sellers have willingly said "It must be lost, here's your money" when
something doesn't arrive. DerWilly was a total putz about this matter and I
believe he's no longer selling.

Sometimes it's the Post Office's fault..as I may have mentioned here, I shipped
an album (triple boxed!) from Lewiston to Texas back in October, by Media Mail,
and it didn't arrive until mid December! Safe and sound.

The shipment on which I claimed (and got) insurance was for about 180 discs,
not 60..a whole load of near mint V-Discs from someone who'd had them stowed
away since taking possession of them during the war. He did NOT pack them
carefully..he put too many records in too few boxes. All the vinyls were fine
but all the Columbia pressings were cracked or broken. Luckily, the claim was
allowed. I'd still rather have had the discs.

dl

Malcolm - Venerable Music wrote:
> As for lost items, I will never deal with DerWilly because a disc never
> arrived
> from him and he refused to make good on it.
>
> Wonder if he is still selling - haven't seen any listings in awhile??
> I had a similar experience a few years back when a record I won never
> arrived.
> I kept emailing him to see if he had any information, which he never did -
> said it was on the way. A few weeks later he sent me a message that said he
> found it - and since I had been hassling him about it (he didn't word it
> this way), it must be important to me so if I send him a few extra bucks
> he'd send it via Priority Mail (as I had only paid media rate). I responded
> that if he had shipped it when he was supposed to, I'dve had it 3 weeks
> earlier even with Media. I also suggested that to make me happy, he should
> just go ahead and ship it via Priority and cover the cost himself. To his
> credit, he did just that!
>
> DL - that record may have been lost way before it even made it to the Post
> Office!
>
> Malcolm
>
> Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/
> 78rpm Auctions - http://www.vmauctions.com/
> Venerable Radio - http://www.venerablemusic.com/samphpweb/index.html
> On Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/venerablemusic

>>> payment (which I received a disgruntled "I know what I'm doing" reply