[78-L] STEREO<<<<>>>>PHONIC SOUNDDDDDDD ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 1 20:45:04 PST 2010

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:

> Sound in cinema nowadays is more for effect than for reality.

I resisted seeing "Star Wars" until 1982, when I was by myself in Edmonton and
had nothing better to do. Went to a double bill of Star Wars + The Empire
Strikes Back up on Capilano. The music (and its spread throughout the
auditorium) was the only good thing about the first picture. I got up and
walked out after 20 minutes of more of the same in #2.

Boy, I bet I'll get flaming messages after this one! Sorry, if it ain't Ray
Bradbury, the hell with it. (Taping Fahrenheit 451 as we speak..betcha Benny
Hermann's score will be the best thing about it, although Julie Christie isn't
to be sneezed at either.)