[78-L] Alex Steinweiss article

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Dec 27 18:14:34 PST 2009

The Los Angeles Times-and-Throwaway had another article perpetuating the myth that Alex Steinweiss "invented" album cover art. It's plain that the author of the article knew nothing about the subject, saying that before Steinweiss came along, albums "were packaged in plain brown paper sleeves with no lyrics or credits." If we can bombard her with complaints about her article, maybe a clarification will be printed. Her name is Liesl Bradner and she can be reached directly at liesl.bradner at latimes.com. Be polite. She know not what she hath wrought. I've already written to her.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2009/12/alex-steinweiss-father-of-album-art.html

Cary Ginell