[78-L] Alex Steinweiss article

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 27 20:34:55 PST 2009

Think it'll do any good? I don't. Writers with no frame of reference grab
whatever they can find, and we've been arguing this matter (as well as
Steinweiss not being the first to come up with illustrated album covers) as
long as I've been on this list. I didn't realize Steinweiss was still alive.
Someone should tell HIM to clarify these matters, don't you think? Or is he
beyond the point of giving credible interviews?

Here's another example of misinformation becoming permanent. Earlier today I
was looking for links to a Heritage LP of Alan Jay Lerner songs, since someone
had said it contained the only uncensored recording of "My Mother's Wedding
Day" with its original lyrics. It doesn't contain that song, as it happens. But
every link to that LP that I checked misquoted the catalog number, including
one that showed the album cover which has the correct number on it, H-0060. One
person listed it as H-0600 and everyone else copied it. Amazing.

dl