[78-L] The holy book (was: What's the most recorded jazz tune of all time?)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Dec 21 19:50:49 PST 2009

From: Julian Vein <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>

From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>

From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>
> When we cite the above discography...should we say
> "And thus spake the Lord"...?!    Steven C. Barr

But don't most of us consider Rust to be the Bible??  Or Rust = Old
Testament, Lord = New Testament???

Along these lines, I think it was Chris Strakwitz who told the story
about when he first met Moe Asch, a mutual friend brought them together
and said with great pomp "Chris, this is MOSES!"  (Of course it could
have been someone else being introduced to Julian Morton Moses, but I
know the story was told at ARSC back in the 80s.)

Mike (where's Charlton Heston when we need him) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com