[78-L] Colored vinyl records

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Dec 19 17:54:41 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> They had some Royal Blue Allied pressings on 10 and 12-inch.  I have
> some Columbia 16-inch Royal Blues, but I don't think you are referring
> to that for Allied MacGregors, are you?

Allied, which took over Columbia's "west coast" pressing facility after
Columbia went broke (and was acquired for about $70,000 by ARC!)
seems to have been left with a bunch of "Royal Blue" blanks, so that
(various initials) MacGregor pressed many sort-of-blue 10" 78
issues!

I have NO idea how/why Allied 10" pressings were bluISH, as opposed
to Columbia's "Royal Blue"...?!

Comment ca va?!

Steven C. Barr