[78-L] Top Dukes

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 19 15:58:25 PST 2009

eugene hayhoe wrote:
> Nope, not the Bethlehem, or Wildi recordings as I've seen them labeled lately, but DE Live, D & C in Blue, Koala AW14165, International Record Distributing Associates, Henderaon, TN, 1979.
>
> The La Plus Belle Africaine I mentioned earlier is on Concerts In Canada, Ellington '87, Marlor Productions, from Winnipeg, May '73.
>
> Jazz Party, especially the opening selectionns with added percussion is yet another one that blew me away the 1st time I heard it and still does. And  don't forget Jack The Bear, Koko, Jumpin' Punkins, Far East Suite, Trumpets No End and trhen I just thought of a great part ballad, part uptempo version of A Train from the mid '60s I just picked up  few months ago that's another Gonsalves tour de force. What about Chelsea Bridge? Caravan? The various Cat and Cootie showcases?
>
> Gene.
And one of the worst was the 1940 "The Flaming Sword" ("Tiger Rag"?).
Another lousy pair were "Such Sweet Thunder" and "A Drum Is A Woman".
And anything with Herb Jeffries, Jimmy Grissom and Ozzie Bailey.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4702 (20091219) __________

http://www.eset.com