[78-L] Top Dukes

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 15:47:18 PST 2009

Nope, not the Bethlehem, or Wildi recordings as I've seen them labeled lately, but DE Live, D & C in Blue, Koala AW14165, International Record Distributing Associates, Henderaon, TN, 1979.

The La Plus Belle Africaine I mentioned earlier is on Concerts In Canada, Ellington '87, Marlor Productions, from Winnipeg, May '73.

Jazz Party, especially the opening selectionns with added percussion is yet another one that blew me away the 1st time I heard it and still does. And  don't forget Jack The Bear, Koko, Jumpin' Punkins, Far East Suite, Trumpets No End and trhen I just thought of a great part ballad, part uptempo version of A Train from the mid '60s I just picked up  few months ago that's another Gonsalves tour de force. What about Chelsea Bridge? Caravan? The various Cat and Cootie showcases?

Gene.