[78-L] Semprini/Chopin question

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 17:28:51 PST 2009

Hi all

I once had a ten inch 78 of Semprini (pianoforte) on HMV (UK) from 1952 of Chopin's Etude No.12, Op.10 (Revolutionary Study) which had a piece of Liszt on the other side.

I was captivated by the Chopin side and don't recall what happened to the 78...I was a young child when I last remember having it to play...maybe it got broken or I got rid of it thinking I would be able to replace it with ease with a nicer copy (it was pretty worn) and this never happened...

I have since started collecting early classical LPs (UK presses) and was wondering if this version of the Chopin piece ever came out on LP (HMV began issuing classical and pop LPs in '52)??

Maybe somebody will know.....I know it was issued on an EP...so I think it's possible that there was an LP with the EP tracks on it...

Regards
Matthew.