[78-L] A novice-y type Purple OKeh question

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Fri Dec 11 03:57:54 PST 2009

I am glad you asked, and that David answered, because I had wondered the
same thing. It also prompted a question.

Last night I was doing a CD compilation of Irish and French-Canadian stuff
featuring accordion (I'm sure there's a joke there), and one of the tunes
was "The Pigeon on the Gate" by O'Leary's Irish Minstrels from purple Okeh
84145.  It actually sounds really good.  I had assumed this disc was a
re-issue of Columbia 33353-F, but looking at the catalog number now, maybe
it was also released on Vocalion?

Has anyone put the discographical information from any of the Columbia
ethnic series on-line?

Gregg