[78-L] A novice-y type Purple OKeh question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 11 06:36:20 PST 2009

Yes..Vocalion 84145, per Spottswood's Ethnic Music On Records. A reissue of
Columbia 33353-F. Does the OKeh pressing appear to be a dub (later style
run-out and font) or a modified master pressing (1928 style runout plus an
added trip groove)?

I've never heard of ethnic purple label OKehs! It isn't listed in Spottswood
either. Live and learn.

dl