[78-L] 14 inch Victor Special DeLuxe

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:50:18 PST 2009

And as I understand, just like all the other early discs, just because they
said 'play at 60 rpm' doesn't mean they cut any of them at that speed.
Having the original score they recorded from, with all annotations and
revisions, plus knowledge of what frequency was their 'A' reference, would
all be needed to truly establish what was the actual speed of the recording
machine, and to play the record back appropriately.