[78-L] 14 inch Victor Special DeLuxe

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:57:33 PST 2009

I do not believe it is playing at the correct speed. Or Von Karajan is
conducting (joke). On the subject of key/speed, since this is a band
transcription it may not be in the original key, or it may. If I had the
time I would Xfer to a bigger box and shift the pitch up for comparison.
I believe the side ends in E-flat. I believe it should be in C Major, a
sixth higher.

So how does he know that he is playing it at 60? Were there numbers on
the speed control? His may be inaccurate as well as needing a gear or
two. He does not document his setting of the table speed, only what it
says on the back of the record. It is likely that he is not a musician.

joe salerno