[78-L] Blitzstein: The Cradle Will Rock 1937 reissue jacket

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Nov 29 13:05:44 PST 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> I remember paying a whopping (at the time) ten bucks for my copy from that nice
> Mr. Meltzer in the early 70s.

I got my copy a couple of years earlier when I made my one and only
visit to the Liberty Music Shop.  I was on my way to visit with Miles
Kreuger and I passed by the shop that I had never seen before nor knew
where it was before, and they had just one copy of it with a slight
pinch-warp.  Since I was on my way to see Miles, I didn't buy it
thinking I'd ask him if it was available elsewhere (and perhaps he might
have extra copies himself).  He said he was already out of copies and I
should go back and grab it, which I did.

> Why toss 'em? Jackets are always reusable.

I've asked Thomas for some, as Leah has always wanted a copy and this
would be fine to house a CD dub of my LP.  I have already found her a
copy of the 2-LP MGM revival.  It's a great show and a great
back-story.  Too bad the movie was so cheesy, but what you could see of
the show itself inbetween the sloppy love interests unnecessarily added
are great.

> Speaking of unused materials, I still have 500 booklets for the 1937 Gershwin
> Memorial Concert (okay, I also still have about 50 copies of the CD set).
>
> dl

So actually you will NEVER run out of sets by augmenting the originals
with CD-Rs.  Now if you could only come up with copies of the spoken
word stuff you did for Intersound like Never Again.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com