[78-L] Verve Label Colours

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 28 08:27:56 PST 2009

At 16:03 28/11/2009, you wrote:
>So the question is now, which 78s exist in the Verve V-10000 series?
>As I said before, I have images of 10047 (very common, in 3 label variants),
>10050, 10070 (common), 10079. By Ricky Nelson and Ella.
>Nelson is listed in Ruppli as vocalist on 10070-B Honey Rock, but
>not mentioned on the label.
>Is there a vocal on Honey Rock?
>
>Han Enderman

Honey Rock is sax dominated instrumental. Ricky only recorded 3 sides
for Barney Kessel. Honey Rock does have a girl saying 'Go Honey' and
'Honey' at breaks in the tune. Kessel needed a fill in for the 4th side.

There is a 1958 78 of Walkin' The Low Road b/w Jamaica Fisherman
(V-10116) by Randy Sparks who would lead the New Christy Minstrels
later. I have that 78 and its on black and silver.

If I recall, at some point in the post 78 era they went to blue and
silver and I thought they did orange and yellow then too