[78-L] Gershwin Porgy rehearsal recording

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Nov 21 17:06:08 PST 2009

Drat!  I've held several copies of the original pressing, which I am
sure is a 16-inch white label RCA.  I've seen it in the NBC collection
and in Ira's collection at LC, yet all that LC lists is the damn tape
they made in 1981 calling it a CBS BROADCAST!!!!!  It was a closed,
secret, private rehearsal, not a BROADCAST for heavens sake!  That is
what they list as the physical item, the damn tape, not the disc the
tape was made from.  BLAST THEM.  I don't give a diddly damn about their
crappy tape (that probably has sticky shed), only the ORIGINAL DISC.
They've got the disc, at least two copies of it.  Why in the world
doesn't their cataloging system include listing the physical description
of the ORIGINAL item, not their damn dub.  Even the two Feenamint shows
are listed only by the tape number, not even listing the network/station
or the air time.   SHEESH.

Mike (pissed off right now) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com