[78-L] Unexpected (NON-sexy!) LP

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 20 20:53:06 PST 2009

Michael Biel wrote:
> From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>
>
>> Obviously, a record titled "Tiajuana Christmas" by a so-called
>> "Border Brass" SHOULD have caught the excited attention of
>> Herb Alpert's "hired LEGAL hands!"
>
> SO???  Then what?  There's nothing they could do about it.  Not any more
> than they could have done about that GREAT album by Al Tijuana and His
> Jewish Brass (actually Lou Jacobi) which is a better album than ANYTHING
> Herb ever did!

The late great Lou Jacobi, that is....(not OT, I have him on a couple of fiber
base 78s he and my dad cut in 1942)

There was also that crazy album on RCA, "Sour Cream And Other Delights" which
had a bunch of fat old dames covered in sour cream (sorry, political
correctness devotees, but there's no other way to describe that cover).
http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/F/frivolous_sour.html
(Isn't Google wonderful? Took me 5 seconds to find that link)

> Actually, I would have thought that another Lou, Lou Dobbs would have
> been upset by all of these!
>
> By the way, were there ever any MEXICAN pressings of these?

Ever played a Mexican pressing of anything? Reground tacos, I think.

dl (Duck, Lenny)