[78-L] Unexpected (NON-sexy!) LP

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Nov 20 20:34:51 PST 2009

From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>

> Obviously, a record titled "Tiajuana Christmas" by a so-called
> "Border Brass" SHOULD have caught the excited attention of
> Herb Alpert's "hired LEGAL hands!"

SO???  Then what?  There's nothing they could do about it.  Not any more
than they could have done about that GREAT album by Al Tijuana and His
Jewish Brass (actually Lou Jacobi) which is a better album than ANYTHING
Herb ever did!

Actually, I would have thought that another Lou, Lou Dobbs would have
been upset by all of these!

By the way, were there ever any MEXICAN pressings of these?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com