[78-L] Longest title

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 15 14:43:09 PST 2009

agp wrote:
> At 08:00 15/11/2009, MB wrote:
>> And just how do you plan on getting this title on a record (and
>> still leave space for the recording)?
>
> I was just commenting to my wife this afternoon about a copy of
> Boogie Woogie by Tommy Dorsey that I have that looks like it lists
> everyone in the band. I seem to recall others like this.

Victor did this with their "Swing Classic" series..in response to Commodore, I
believe, who were the first to list personnel on their labels.

> Reminds me of how in the 30s and 40s, and movie had about 2 minutes
> of opening credits and a The End slide at end. Nowadays a film can
> have 5 minutes of opening credits, and 8 minutes at the end, giving
> credit to everyone from the actors down to the guy who catered the
> soft drinks on one day of the shoot -- and the company who supplied
> his uniform!

And you STILL have to sit through them, despite the departing audience (and
idiotic movie house managers who can't wait to close the curtains).."Airplane"
had hilarious closing credits and there are a couple of good gag credits in "A
Serious Man".

Unless you watch movies on AMC, where they squeeze the credits under the
closing scene and run them at 10x speed.