[78-L] Longest title

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Nov 15 15:00:36 PST 2009

>> Reminds me of how in the 30s and 40s, and movie had about 2 minutes
>> of opening credits and a The End slide at end. Nowadays a film can
>> have 5 minutes of opening credits, and 8 minutes at the end, giving
>> credit to everyone from the actors down to the guy who catered the
>> soft drinks on one day of the shoot -- and the company who supplied
>> his uniform!

> And you STILL have to sit through them, despite the departing audience (and
> idiotic movie house managers who can't wait to close the curtains).."Airplane"
> had hilarious closing credits and there are a couple of good gag credits in "A
> Serious Man".

And you MUST sit thru the credits in Leah's "For The Record".  And yes,
as Seth Winner immediately noted, she was inspired by Ernie Kovacs.  I
always sit thru credits.  We were rewarded yesterday at the end of a
magnificant movie "Matinee" with a gag at the end.  (It was on HBO
Comedy and we were so taken with it that we tried to order a copy during
the movie, and had to get a Region 2 from England because nobody in
North America has it for anywhere near a reasonable price.)

There was another great movie that was possibly called "Credits".  I
KNEW we were going to see it at the theatre but I was still fooled by
it.  It starts with a great teaser opening, then there are credits.
Then the scene continues.  Then more credits,  And more credits.  And
more and more and more and more.  It ranks up there with "The Dove" and
I would like someone to find it for me like they did with The Dove for
Lennick last month.

> Unless you watch movies on AMC, where they squeeze the credits under the
> closing scene and run them at 10x speed.  dl

I don't watch movies on AMC anymore.  It stands for Annoying Moronic
Commercials.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com