[78-L] For those married folks, how does your spouse fell about your record collection?

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Mon Nov 9 15:07:14 PST 2009

My wife has participated in the record collecting to a large degree, but I think it's safe to say that by now she HATES IT. Takes up space we can't afford. Dust, clutter, filing -- she hates it, all right. Bringing new records into the house is simply not an option, I've learned; it's much more likely to be a case of her holding up a stray box and saying "what about THESE, can we get rid of THESE?".

I can sort of see her point. It's a good thing they're all in the basement, otherwise the whole house would fall over backwards. I remember reading on this mailing list a long time ago a discussion of weight and bulk, culminating in one poster exclaiming that he had to run, he just realized he had the equivalent of a 1958 Buick sitting in his attic, right over the bedroom!