[78-L] Wilf Carter re: Pete Knight

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 9 10:13:16 PST 2009

The Zonophone pressing would explain the 0A prefixes, since Canadian Victor &
Bluebird didn't use any except when they had to differentiate between Montreal
and Toronto as well as client recordings.

Per Tony Russell, he did indeed record both songs twice, on the dates noted.
He's unsure whether the second versions were issued on Canadian Bluebird (4989,
same number as previously) but he does show them for Australian Zonophone.
Original matrix numbers are 7830-1 (Pete Knight) and 7836-1 (Roundup, Oct. 19).
He seems to have rerecorded a few other sides at this time.

dl