[78-L] James Reese Europe "Hellfighters"

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:26:27 PDT 2009

Martha,

On the IAJRC CD, John R.T. got rid of the cylinder rumble, so I can't tell
from that reissue. But the other point you make is very valid. No, there
would not have been different wood blocks used on the same date, and if they
are the same pitch on other sides recorded the same day, that would convince
me that "Moaning" and "Memphis" are in the correct speed.

Jeff Sultanof