[78-L] James Reese Europe "Hellfighters"

martha mlk402 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 11 20:00:04 PDT 2009

 Also, listen for noise from the master cylinder - when playing a Pathe disc
at 80rpm, scratches and bumps from the master should be going at 160rpm.
Even on  lateral discs, the 160rpm noises can often be heard.

Listening to Europe's records at http://www.redhotjazz.com/hellfighters.html
(from the Memphis Archive issue, which I didn't like) , the woodblocks on
Memphis & Moaning don't sound any higher-pitched than on Russian Rag,
recorded the same day.   Unless the drummer had different sets of blocks
(would he?) that could provide a clue for records on which the blocks were
played.