[78-L] Tom Lehrer question (borderline ^)

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 26 17:56:56 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 11:24 -0400, David Lennick wrote:
> Yesterday at the Kingston Symphony rummage sale I picked up "An Evening Wasted
> with Tom Lehrer" on English Decca SKL 4097..right, stereo. Aside from TL 202S,
> the original 1959 issue on Lehrer's own label, is this the only genuine stereo
> issue? Reprise apparently issued it in fake stereo and Rhino used that master,
> then reduced it to mono, per the extensive TL discography below.

Believe it or not, the box set "Remains of Tom Lehrer" contains "And
Evening Wasted" in its stereo version.

The only TL record that was ever issued in stereo at one point that has
not seen a stereo release since its original LP issue is his second
album, "More of Tom Lehrer".   Despite its late release (1960), his
other live album, "Tom Lehrer Revisited", was never released in stereo
at all.

MS