[78-L] Canadian Columbia Double Disk promo record

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 17:56:22 PDT 2009

If I remember correctly,I had a VIctor acoustic of Burr singing the song "Honest and Truly".
I am more intrested in trying to find a Victor acoustic of "Roses of Picardy";I had it years
ago.It was a lovely arrangement played by the "Green Arden Orchestra".I remember the
arrangement and from memory,I was able to play the better part of the arrangement on my
violin.Another recording I am looking for is a Brunswick electrical of "Mon Homme" by a
trio that called themselves "The Castle Trio".The latter was violin,either viola or 'cello and
piano.I cracked it years ago and later discarded it.That record was one I also remembered
somewhat and also learned to play on my violin.It,too,was a lovely version.It seems to me
Henry Burr was another one of those singers to recorded for at least a dozen different co-
mpanies just as Billy Murray,Irving Kaufmann,Vernon Dalhart did between the late teens
and the late twenties.