[78-L] Just curious.. ^

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Mon Sep 14 06:39:37 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dingo" <roadie at btinternet.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 3:57 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Just curious.. ^

I had a good friend (now deceased), a well known and savvy musician, well
versed in all the angles of management in the music business who received
one of those e-Mails. He fell for it, responded and after all the required
back and forth  received AND DEPOSITED their "preliminary" certified check
for a substantial amount. He  dutifully (as he was an honest man) sent in
the piddling $10,000 bucks to cover their understandable administrative
expenses. The bank called seven days later and gave him the unwelcome news.
The beautifully engraved check was a phony.
Pain and sorrow for the family.

Al Simmons