[78-L] Just curious.. ^

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Mon Sep 14 08:14:43 PDT 2009

simmonssomer wrote:
> I had a good friend (now deceased), a well known and savvy musician, well
> versed in all the angles of management in the music business who received
> one of those e-Mails. He fell for it, responded and after all the required
> back and forth  received AND DEPOSITED their "preliminary" certified check
> for a substantial amount. He  dutifully (as he was an honest man) sent in
> the piddling $10,000 bucks to cover their understandable administrative
> expenses. The bank called seven days later and gave him the unwelcome news.
> The beautifully engraved check was a phony.
> Pain and sorrow for the family.
>
> Al Simmons

As Will Rogers said, "everybody's ignorant, only on different subjects."

I keep getting emails from foolish friends who fall for the political
diatribe emails with a famous name attached to them.  I respond with an
email, often with the link to the Snopes article, explaining that its
all bogus, that the famous person never said that stuff.  Some respond
back to me with a "who cares, it says what I believe" email.  Apparently
they have no respect for anyone's good name.  These same people scream
that businesses and politicians are all dishonest.  Go figure.

-- Ken