[78-L] Kahn Keene

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Aug 29 19:09:12 PDT 2009

My apologies to any Kahn Keene fans out there...very much a real name of a
real person who played with Pollack,  Charlie Barnett,  Frankie Masters,
and many other bands,  and collaborated on the tune  'Scatterbrain" with
Masters and tenor sax player Carl Bean...maybe they had solo battles as Bean
and Keene?

He was also in the Glenn Miller Army Air Force Band,  played in the Skitch
Henderson Orch on the original Steve Allen Tonight Show,  later moved to
Atlanta and played with the symphony there.  He later had his own jazz
group,  the Kahn Keene Kwintet.

After messing with music since I was a little kid,  I'm still amazed at how
much I still have to learn!

Taylor